Pumpkin & Banana Dream Bowl
for the banana & pumpkin:
1 banana, ripe
1/2 of a pumpkin slice (about 2 handful of cubes)
- cut the banana into about 2 cm thick slices
- cut the pumpkin into cubes. (2×2 cm)
for the coconut milk mixture:
2 dl low fat coconut milk
1 dl soy or almond milk
1 tbsp all natural honey (or stevia sugar)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt (will intensify the sweet flavors!)
1 tbsp SweetSpreads Coconutter (Vanilla Cupcake)
(if you don’t have SweetSpreads Coconutter at home you can either order it by clicking HERE! or replace it with 1 tbsp of peanut or almond butter)
- add the coconut milk, soy or almond milk, honey, vanilla extract, pinch of salt and nut butter to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- turn down the heat to medium (-high) and add the pumpkin and banana pieces to the coconut mixture.
- cook for about 10 minutes and stir from time to time so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. the mixture will thicken a bit. (add a splash of milk if needed)
(you can always make the mixture sweeter if you want to and add some stevia sugar/other sweeteners)
for the toppings:
- cut the Questbar into smaller pieces and crumble with your hands until they reach the size and look as on the pictures shown above.
- crush the almonds into smaller pieces and slice up the banana half into thin slices.
now that you have everything ready you can add the coconut mixture with the pumpkin and banana into your breakfast bowl. Top with the banana slices, crushed almonds and Questbar crumbles.